Although Verificaremails has been a specialist for years in email verification, it also offers services to check a mobile number and know if it is valid, know the operator, know if there has been portability, which country/region it belongs to… In the table below you will see all the details you can know about the cell phone.
The services of checking a mobile number can be done via API or through our Web interface where by uploading a file, you can get the results. If you do not use Verifyemails phone number verification services you can also verify a cell phone number in several ways:
- Call the phone number: The easiest way to check if a cell phone number is valid is to try calling it. If the number is active and in service, you should be able to reach the person who has the number.
- Send a text message: You can try sending a text message to the phone number to check if it is active. If the message is delivered correctly, it is likely that the phone number is valid and active.
- Use online verification tools: There are several online tools that can help you check the validity and authenticity of a cell phone number. Some of these tools are free and others are paid. These tools can search public databases of phone numbers to verify the authenticity of the number and provide additional information such as network operator and geographic location.
- Verification through messaging apps: You can try to communicate with the person through a messaging app, such as WhatsApp or Telegram. If the person has verified their phone number through the application, you can be sure that the phone number is valid and belongs to the person.
It is important to note that while these tools can help you verify the authenticity of a cell phone number, they do not always guarantee that the number is valid and active. Phone numbers can be terminated or change ownership, so it is always advisable to verify information directly with the person through a phone call or text message. The Verificaremails API performs all these functions in a completely transparent way so that they get the maximum data from your mobile numbers.
What information does the mobile network provide about the connectivity of a cell phone?
The mobile network can provide detailed information about the connectivity of a cell phone. Some of the data that may be available include:
- Connection status: The mobile network can provide information on whether a phone is currently connected to its network or not. If the phone is connected, the mobile network can provide information on signal strength and connection quality.
- Network type: The mobile network can provide information about the type of network the phone is connected to, such as 2G, 3G, 4G or 5G.
- Data usage: The mobile network can provide information about the phone’s data usage, including the amount of data consumed and the download and upload speed.
- Roaming: If the phone is in roaming mode, the mobile network can provide information about the network the phone is on and any tariffs associated with data usage in that country.
It is important to note that not all phone connectivity information is available to all parties. Some data, such as the precise location of the phone, is protected by the user’s privacy and can only be accessed with the user’s consent or in cases of emergency. Depending on the country and the operator, the data when checking a mobile number may provide more or less information. Before performing a massive verification we recommend that you perform a sample with a reduced number of numbers so that you can see the information you are going to obtain.
The data we can obtain from the mobile network when verifying a phone number are:
|id||string||Unique ID of the request.|
|cost||float||Number of tokens used in the verification.|
|phone_number||string||Phone number in E.164 format.|
|number_type||string||Type of telephone number (landline or mobile) Number types|
|timezone||string||Time zone where
originally the number was assigned. In no case does it trace the area
time zone where the user is located at the time of verification.
|is_ported||bool||✓||Indicates whether the number has been ported. Null is displayed if this information is not available.|
|reachable||string||Accessibility is indicated at the precise moment of verification. For more information see Reachability State.|
Subscriber Identity (IMSI). Unique identifier associated with the card
SIM. The availability of the IMSI depends on the mobile operator of the
|format.e164||string||The number in E.164 format.|
|format.international||string||The number in international format.|
|format.national||string||The number in national format.|
|format.rfc3966||string||The number formatted in RFC3966 format.|
|original_network.country_iso2||string||The country code (ISO2) where the number was originally assigned.|
|original_network.country_prefix||string||The international calling prefix where the number was originally assigned.|
|original_network.area||string||✓||The name of the area where the number was assigned.|
six characters MCCMNC (mobile country code + mobile network code
tuple) identifying the original network that issued the number.
|original_network.mcc||string||✓||Three MCC (mobile country code) characters identifying where the network where the number was issued.|
|original_network.mnc||string||✓||Two or three MNC (mobile network code) characters identifying the network where the number was issued.|
|original_network.network_name||string||✓||Name of the operator that issued the number, if this information is available.|
|current_network.country_iso2||string||✓||Code of the country (ISO2) where the number is currently assigned.|
|current_network.country_prefix||string||The international prefix where the number is currently assigned.|
|current_network.area||string||✓||Name of the area where the number is currently assigned, if this information is available.|
six characters MCCMNC (mobile country code + mobile network code tuple)
identifying the network where the number currently belongs.
|current_network.mcc||string||✓||Three MCC (mobile country code) characters identifying the country where the number currently belongs.|
|current_network.mnc||string||✓||Two or three MNC (mobile network code) characters identifying the network where the number currently belongs.|
|current_network.network_name||string||✓||The name of the operator where the number is currently assigned, if this information is available.|
for those operators that provide information about the connection status of a given phone, the data we can obtain are:
|connected||Active mobile number.|
|absent||The number is not accessible at this time. For more details see the Absent Subscribers table.|
|no-teleservice-provisioned||The number cannot receive calls or SMS messages. These are usually numbers associated with a data SIM card.|
|inconclusive||We are unable to obtain a response from the network for this number. The network does not provide this information.|
|failed||An error occurred while querying the network.|
|no-coverage failed||No coverage provided for the selected network|
How much does it cost to verify a mobile number
The cost of verifying a mobile number may vary depending on the service or tool used to perform the verification. Some online services offer free mobile number verifications, while others charge a fee for each verified number.
Fees may vary depending on the country in which the cell phone number is located, as well as the complexity of the verification process used by the service. For example, verification by sending a text message may be cheaper than verification by phone call or verification by querying databases of cell phone numbers.
At Verificaremails we offer a unique rate so you won’t have any surprises in your mobile number verification process. If you access the “Validate Phone Numbers” section in the “Pricing” section, you will see the different brackets. We also recommend the article“How to validate a telephone number“.
Why it is useful to check a mobile number during a user’s registration on my website.
Checking a mobile number during a user’s registration on a website is useful for several reasons:
- Identity verification: Phone number verification can help ensure that the person registering on the website is who they say they are, as the phone number is tied to a specific person and physical access to the device is required to receive and confirm the verification code.
- Fraud reduction: Phone number verification can help reduce the risk of fraud and malicious activity on the website, as it can prevent registration of fake accounts and reduce the number of accounts created for malicious purposes.
- Communicating with the user: Verification of the phone number may allow the website to communicate with the user via text messages or phone calls in the future, which may be useful for sending security updates or for marketing purposes.
- Legal compliance: Phone number verification can help comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as data protection or anti-money laundering legislation, which may require verification of the user’s identity.
In short, phone number verification can provide an additional layer of security and trust in the user registration process on a website, which can be beneficial for the user and for the website itself. Verificaremails offers its Web interface so you can easily verify files with your mobile numbers or if you prefer to program it you can use our Api to automate the whole process.
Excel sheets with telephone number verification are available. If you are more of a Google Sheets person, we also have sheets that implement phone number verification.
In this article we have talked about how to check a mobile number but the same applies to landlines.